BASIC PURPOSE OF THIS JOB: Reporting to the Underwriting Manager, this position is responsible for underwriting all types of medical professional liability policies including, but not limited to physicians, group practices, miscellaneous medical policies, facilities, RRG, excess, umbrella, Locum Tenens coverage and slot policies.
NOTE: Job duties and/or qualifications are subject to change at any time.
COPIC’s mission is to improve medicine in the communities we serve. We strive to be the premier diversified service organization providing professional liability insurance and other needs of the health care community through advocacy, innovation, and the commitment and dedication of our employees.
We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive and highly sought-after benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan, pension, short term disability, paid time off and holidays, and a great work environment with fun, friendly people who truly enjoy their work. Hiring range for this position is $64,395/annually to $77,273/annually.
Requirements - Education/Skills
- 2 to 3 years of medical professional liability underwriting experience. Equivalent industry experience considered. P&C license and/or insurance designation preferred;
- Ability to interpret and follow underwriting guidelines promulgated by the Underwriting Committee and management and as set forth in the underwriting manual;
- Exercises sound judgment and independent thinking;
- Good organization;
- High quality of work without supervision;
- Extensive interaction and communication with customers, and employees, in person and on the phone;
- Handle stressful situations professionally;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively;
- Close team work;
- Ability to mentor Junior Underwriters and Assistant Underwriters
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time;
- High volume of typing and use of a mouse;
- Able to view a computer monitor;
- Able to bend, stoop, and carry up to 10 pounds;
- Ability to travel as necessary, up to 10%;
- Longer hours may be required during the company’s “busy season”;
- Occasional weekend time may be required.
$64,395 - $77,273
How to Apply
Please email Liz Shrum, COPIC's Human Resources Manager, an email with your resume attached. Please reference the MPL job posting!